Taking care of your skin is more than just using our great skin care products. It also involves a few practical steps you can take to help your skin from the inside out. Here is a list of our favorite cosmetic and non-cosmetic skin care tips that we all should be doing.
1. Beauty Sleep – They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing. Getting between seven to eight hours of sleep a night will keep your looking refreshed and feeling your best. Plus, it’s the best way to keep those under eye bags in check. (Maximize the healing power of sleep by adding a creme moisturizer before bed like our Vitamin C Antioxidant Creme)
2. Add Some Citrus – Citrus fruits are great for detoxifying the body and keeping you healthy, inside and out, which make your skin look fabulous. Lemons support your liver and kidneys while other vitamin C rich foods such as oranges may help prevent wrinkles!
3. Give Your Face a Massage – Massages aren’t just for your aching neck and tired shoulders, you should gently massage your face, too. When you are cleansing or applying moisturizer, massage with gentle pressure in a circular motion. The extra attention to the face increase circulation which can improve cell regeneration. You can also use a cleanser with beads for exfoliating, checkout our Jojoba Cleanser that uses Jojoba beads instead of micro beads for exfoliation.
4. Block the Sun – Sunblock is not just for poolside lounging. Your skin is exposed to harmful UV light even on your walk to work or in the mall. Using a daily moisturizer with SPF will prevent sun damage and fine lines. Wearing at least an SPF 15 should be enough to keep your skin protected all day long.
5. Got Chocolate? – Typically, we have been told that chocolate can cause acne and that it is bad for your skin. Well, actually there hasn’t been any scientific proof of this fact, so we say eat it up! Well, not all of it. Dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants and releases all sorts of happy feelings from your brain. Eat a small piece a few times a week to enjoy the full benefits.
6. Exercise – Surprised? Didn’t think so. Exercise not only helps keep your body moving and shaking, it can help your complexion as well. The more you move, the more oxygen is delivered to your skin. So get up and get to the gym. Don’t like the gym? Start a dance party at home with your favorite jams to get blood flowing. We won’t tell & you can practice your favorite moves in the privacy of your own home.
7. Drink Up – Stay hydrated by consuming between six to eight glasses of water a day. Hydrated skins begins from the inside out and it incredibly important for to help keep you looking and feeling your best.
8. Bring the Spa Home with You – Take some time and plan and at-home spa day for yourself. Set aside a few hours and get ready to relax. We suggest a kit like hour Instant Radiance Kit, which includes an exfoliating cleanser, our luxurious luminosity masque and finishes off with a hydrating face creme. Your face and your wallet will thank you for giving yourself a little ‘me’ time at home.
9. Drink Your Juice – Did you know that you can drink aloe vera juice? Aloe vera juice is packed full with nutrients and can is said to promote healthy digestion. We suggest 1/2 to 1 ounce of aloe juice, daily.
10. Mist Yourself – Mists are very popular in the beauty world right now. They give you a spritz of freshness whenever you need without messing up your makeup. Grab a bottle of your favorite mist (we suggest our Nourishing Aloe Mist) and keep it near you when you’re at home or at work. When you’re feeling a bit drab, spray a few pumps to give yourself a dash of freshness.
What are some of your favorite skin care tips? Share below!